Friday, February 24, 2012

Crispy Baked Tilapia

I love tilapia.  I could eat it plain.  My family however, is another story.  So when we made tilapia tonight, we had to put something on it to make it 'taste better'.  It was a hit!  My husband especially liked it, so I guess we'll be doing it this way a lot more often. :)  haha

Ingredients:
tilapia (we made 6 fillets)
salt and pepper
1 cup Panko crumbs
1/2 cup crushed potato chips
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 TBS melted butter
crushed red pepper flakes, optional

Directions:
Preheat oven to 400 F.  Line a cookie sheet with foil and spray lightly with cooking spray.  Place tilapia on foil and season lightly with salt and pepper.

Toss together bread crumbs, crushed potato chips, cheese and melted butter.  Sprinkle over tilapia, pressing lightly to coat.  Sprinkle with red pepper flakes. (note:  we made half with the red pepper flakes and half without.  It's up to you.  I loved it with that little extra spice.) 

Bake for about 20 minutes until tilapia is done and flakes are golden.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Janie said...

That looks delicious! I am trying to make a good tilipia recipe because other than tuna, it's the only fish I'll eat. This one looks like a keeper :)

Stopping by from Cast Party Weds.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails