Saturday, May 23, 2009

Tomato & Garlic Pasta

(I found this picture on the internet, but it looks exactly like it. Sounds hard but really easy and probably my favorite. From my mother-in-law.)

Ingredients:
6 Tomatoes
1 package of fresh basil
1 clove of garlic
Pasta for 6 (I like thin spaghetti best)
3 Tbs olive oil
4-5 chicken breasts

Preparation:
Chop tomatoes into about 1 cm cubes.
Chop garlic as fine as possible.
Cut (uncooked chicken) into about 1 1/2 inch cubes.
Cut basil. (I use sheers and slice the leaves thin and long.)

Directions:
Coat bottom of deep skillet or sauce pan w/olive oil & garlic.
Cook chicken in olive oil & garlic with tsp salt & pepper until done.
Add tomatoes. Let them cook on medium for about 30 min. Stirring occasionally. (Tomatoes will turn into a light sauce with a few small chunks.)
Add basil about 5 min before sauce is ready.
Salt & pepper to taste. (I add lots of salt.)

It makes a lot and makes a very tasty leftover (and I hate leftovers).

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails