Thursday, October 22, 2009

Almond Chicken and Rice

I made this for dinner the other night and it was yummy! Steve loved it and it gives you a mix of carbs, protein, and veggies! ;)

Ingredients:

4 small boneless skinless chicken breasts
1/4 cup Kraft Tuscan House Italian Dressing and Marinade, divided
1 1/4 cups fat-free reduced-sodium chicken broth
1/2 tsp garlic powder
2 cups broccoli florets
1 cup instant white rice, uncooked
1/4 sliced almonds (I bought the already sliced ones in the bag in the produce or salad dressing section)

Directions:

Cook chicken in 2 Tbsp. dressing in large nonstick skillet on medium heat 4 min. on each side or until evenly browned.

Stir in broth, garlic powder and remaining dressing; bring to boil. Cover; simmer 5 min. or until chicken is done (I had to cook it for like 20 min). Remove chicken; cover to keep warm.

Add broccoli to skillet; cook, uncovered, 3 min. Stir in rice and almonds. Remove from heat; cover. Let stand 7 min. Serve chicken over rice. (I think next time I will shred the chicken and mix it into the rice mixture before serving)

1 comment:

Kara said...

I made this last night and it was very good. I did shred the chicken and I liked that, but I would have liked less chicken or more rice, doing it this way.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails