Thursday, May 26, 2011

CAJUN CHICKEN AND PASTA

I made this last night because I needed something I could make quick and didn't have time to marinate anything. It was delicious! The little kids just ate the pasta plain, but the rest of us ate it with the chicken. Either way - quick, easy and lots of flavor. :)

Boneless/skinless chicken breasts (I used 4)
Cajun seasoning
16 oz pasta (any kind)
1 can (14oz) diced tomatoes
1 tsp dried basil (3 TBS fresh)
1 tsp sugar
2/3 c cream
1/2 c grated Parmesan cheese

Sprinkle Cajun seasoning over chicken breasts and throw on the grill. You can rub it in, but sprinkling was fine, too.

Cook pasta, drain and keep warm.

Pour tomatoes into a small sauce pan and add basil and sugar. (If you are using fresh basil, stir in at the end.) I also blended my tomatoes up a little because we don't like big chunks. Cook over medium-high heat until thickened, about 10 minutes.
Reduce heat and stir in cream. Heat through but DO NOT BOIL!

Toss with pasta and Parmesan cheese.

Serve with chicken and garnish with Parmesan cheese.

(My chicken was frozen when I started - I just put in a plastic bag in cold water for a couple minutes. Just enough so the seasoning would stick. I cooked my pasta and tomatoes at the same time while the chicken was on the grill, and I had dinner ready about 1/2 hour. Seriously.)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails