Tuesday, May 31, 2011

CREAMY PASTA SALAD

I tried a new pasta salad recipe for Memorial Day, and was nervous that it wouldn't be good. It was delicious & everyone said they liked it better than the way we used to make it. Yay! This is the way I'm going to make it from now on. (Sorry for the bad pic - I forgot to take a picture of it and this is the leftovers 2 days later. hahaha)

Ingredients:

1 lb pasta, cooked
1-2 heads broccoli, chopped
1 green pepper, chopped
1 red pepper, chopped (I didn't have any, so I skipped it)
1 can sliced olives
1 c shredded cheese (I used 1/2 c mozzarella, 1/2 c shredded parmesan - way good!)

Dressing:

2 envelopes dry Italian dressing mix
6 TBS apple cider vinegar
4 1/2 TBS water
1/2 c olive oil

1/2 c ranch dressing (This is the best part that brings it all together)

Directions:

Combine cooked pasta and vegetables in large bowl. Whisk together dressing ingredients and pour over pasta & vegetables. Add ranch dressing and cheese. Fold together.

Refrigerate 1 hour before serving.

1 comment:

Joyce said...

Thank you for beingg you

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails