On the fifth day of Christmas treats I give to you.......Snowman Cake Balls. I got this idea from Martha Stewart, and created my own version. However, she used ice cream (which looks absolutely yummy too!) But I wanted to post a recipe using cake balls and thought I could combine the two! (I also changed up the hat a bit and didn’t make the marzipan carrot nose. This would be really cute if you did.) Super Cute!!
1 container prepared white frosting
1 bag white chocolate chips
3 cups Coconut
10-12 Orange jelly beans
Black or brown round sprinkles
10-12 large marshmallows
10-12 Chocolate wafer cookies
2-3 Tbsp Cinnamon
- Prepare the cake mix according to package directions using any of the recommended pan sizes. When cake is done, crumble while warm into a large bowl, and stir in the frosting until well blended.
- Melt white chocolate chips in a glass bowl in the microwave, or in a metal bowl over a pan of simmering water, stirring occasionally until smooth.
- Use a melon-baller or small ice cream scoop to form balls of the white cake mixture. Dip the balls in chocolate using a toothpick or fork to hold them. Roll in coconut. Place on waxed paper to set.
- Before chocolate is completely set, add 3 sprinkles for buttons on one ball, make the face using sprinkles and jellybean for the nose, on another. (Use a toothpick to press them in if it’s not sticking, they will stick better if the chocolate is still warm)
- Roll marshmallow in cinnamon and stick on chocolate wafer using a little frosting.
- Once the cake balls are cooled and set, stack them using toothpicks and gluing the hat on top with frosting.