Thursday, December 22, 2011

Chocolate Bon Bons


#22

 
On the 22nd day of Christmas treats I give you - Chocolate Bon Bons! I love these!  Just the name alone, makes me think I'm indulging myself. (Which I totally am!) 
This is another recipe from my childhood, and I must say - one of my very favorites!

*This makes a LOT so you might want to half the recipe - or just give some away. :)

Ingredients:
1 c margarine, melted
1 can Eagle Brand sweetened condensed milk
2 c chopped nuts (I use walnuts)
2 lb bag of powdered sugar
2 c flaked coconut

24 oz chocolate chips
4 TBS shortening

Directions:
In large bowl, mix together margarine, milk, nuts, powdered sugar and coconut.  Put in refrigerator and chill overnight. 

Form dough into balls about the size of a walnut.

Melt chocolate chips and shortening in the top of a double boiler over hot (not boiling) water. You can melt the chocolate in a microwave, too.  Stir every 30 seconds to 1 minute, until completely melted and then reheat when it starts to cool.

Dip dough balls into chocolate using a fork.  Drop on wax paper to cool and set.

I like to keep the Bon Bons in the refrigerator, because I think they taste good cold, but you don't need to.

Hope you like them!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails