Saturday, December 24, 2011

Orange Julius



#24
On the 24th day of Christmas treats I share with you our Orange Julius recipe!  Okay, I know it's not really a Christmas treat, per se, but this is what we've had for breakfast every Christmas since I was young.  Orange Julius' with muffins or cinnamon rolls, like our Overnight Cinnamon Rolls.

This recipe uses 1/2 can of orange juice, and will make about 3 full glasses, so for my family I usually make 2 batches.  However, if you only make 1, just cut the can in half and put the other half back in the freezer in a plastic baggie for another day.  I have also poured left-overs into a plastic cup and put it in the freezer to eat later with a spoon - Yum!

Ingredients:
1 c water
1/2 c sugar
1/2 c milk
1/3 - 1/2 c powdered milk (or just use more milk, but I like the powdered milk)
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 can frozen orange juice concentrate
ice cubes

Directions:
Put all ingredients in the blender and blend until smooth. Keep adding ice cubes until it is as thick as you want it. I like mine pretty thick. 
If you're using larger ice cubes, or you have a crappy blender, like me (lol) - you might want to break them up a bit in a plastic bag so they will blend easier.

Enjoy and have a Merry Christmas!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails