Saturday, March 24, 2012

Lemon Poppyseed Cake

I don't know why, but something about this Lemon Poppyseed Cake just says "Spring" to me.  It was such a gorgeous day outside today, and this cake is so light and fresh - I just love it! 

The glaze is my favorite part.  I'll give you a super great tip:  Keep a supply of lemon cake mixes on hand, and if you are ever needing a dessert really fast, just whip up a lemon cake and add this glaze to the top.  Seriously - people ask me for the recipe all the time and I just have to laugh. :D

Or, you could always make this Lemon Poppyseed Cake, too - it's always a crowd pleaser.  I just sometimes find I am fresh out of poppy seeds! (Like today, I had to run get some real quick.) Haha :)


Ingredients:
1 box lemon cake mix
1 (small) box instant vanilla pudding
4 eggs
1 cup water
1/2 cup canola oil
1/4 cup poppy seeds

Glaze:
2 cups powdered sugar
2 TBS lemon juice
2 TBS water (start with one first, to see how thick it is)

Directions:
Combine cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, water and oil together in a large bowl.  Beat on low speed for 30 seconds, and then on medium speed for 2 minutes.  Fold in poppy seeds.

Pour into a greased pan.

Bake at 350 F for 30 - 35 minutes or until toothpick in center comes out clean.  Cool on wire rack. 

Whisk together powdered sugar, lemon juice and water until smooth.  Drizzle over cooled cake.

Enjoy!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails