Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Spicy Chicken Bites

This is another recipe I made with my pre-cooked and shredded chicken.

These are so good!  Chicken, hot sauce, and cream cheese all rolled together with a Corn Flake crust.  Yummo!  They have just enough kick to them, but you could go flamin' hot if you're super adventurous like that. I thought they were perfect.

We had these as our main dish, but I'm thinking I might be making these for our next Super Bowl party.  They would be an amazing appetizer!

I will admit I had some troubles getting the balls to stay formed - and they were a little messy!  I might try this as a casserole someday.  I'll just layer the mixture in a casserole dish, and sprinkle the Corn Flakes on top.  What do ya think?

Ingredients:
3 cups cooked, shredded chicken
1/4 cup Frank's Hot Sauce (add more if you like it way spicy!)
3 1/2 oz cream cheese, softened
1 3/4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 cup green onions, chopped
1 cup flour
4 eggs, lightly beaten
3 - 4 cups Corn Flakes cereal, crushed



Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 F.  Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. (I used foil, and then sprayed it with cooking spray.)

In a large bowl, combine chicken, hot sauce, both cheeses and green onions.  Form into large balls and place onto a separate baking sheet.

Place flour, eggs, and Corn Flakes in 3 separate dishes.  Dip each chicken ball into the flour, then the eggs and last the Corn Flakes. 

Place onto prepared baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes.

Great plain or with ranch dressing - Enjoy!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails