Saturday, January 12, 2013

Bacon Cheeseburger Quesadillas

For some reason I have been craving hamburgers lately.  I am probably just craving the warmer weather and grilling outside.  (We were -17 degrees this morning!)
And because my grill is covered in 2 feet of snow, I was extremely excited when I came across this recipe for Bacon Cheeseburger Quesadillas!

 
They taste EXACTLY like hamburgers on the grill. One bite and my family was SOLD! haha :)  They are also low carb, and you can make them even healthier by using turkey bacon, ground turkey and low-fat cheese!

Recipe adapted from Plain Chicken
Ingredients:
1 lb ground beef
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp chili powder
Tortillas
1 lb bacon, cooked and crumbled
shredded cheddar cheese

toppings:
shredded lettuce
pickles
tomatoes
onions
mustard
mayo
ketchup


Directions:
Brown beef in large skillet, drain fat.  Add in seasonings and set aside.  (I cooked my bacon in the oven while I was browning the beef - soooo easy!)

Spray a large griddle, or skillet and lightly cook both sides of tortillas.  Add meat, cheese and bacon on one half of the tortilla.  Cook a minute or so longer until cheese starts to melt.

Remove to a plate, and add any toppings you prefer. Fold tortilla over and cut into sections.

We did ours this way, because no one wanted cooked toppings - whatever. haha  (If you don't want lettuce, and don't mind warm pickles, etc., you can always fold the top over while you are still cooking it, until everything is nice and melty.)

Either way, it's delicious - and you don't even have to brave the elements! Brrrrr!

Enjoy!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails