Saturday, February 2, 2013

Reese's Popcorn Munch

I started making some of my Super Bowl treats already, so I don't have as much to do tomorrow. :)  This Reese's popcorn is something I have been wanting to try for awhile, and I decided this would be the perfect opportunity!

I made my boys stay out of it because "it's for tomorrow", but I had to try a little - just to make sure it was good. ;)

Yep.  It's good.  Very, very good! I think chocolate and peanut butter are my new favorite things on popcorn.  Yummy! Who knew?  Oh, you did?  Well thanks for telling me.  haha :)   

 
Recipe adapted from Inside BruCrew Life
Ingredients:
10 cups popped popcorn
1 1/2 cups Reese's Unwrapped Minis, chopped in half

2 cups Reese's Puffs cereal
1/2 cup chocolate chips (semi-sweet or milk)
1/2 cup Reese's peanut butter chips
2 tsp shortening, divided
1 cup Reese's Pieces candies

Directions:
Mix popcorn, mini cups and cereal  together and spread on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper.

In a microwave-safe bowl, combine 1 tsp shortening and chocolate chips.  Heat for 30 seconds and stir, continuing until melted and smooth.  Drizzle over popcorn mixture.

Sprinkle with Reese's Pieces candies.

Heat peanut butter chips the same way you did the chocolate chips, using the remaining 1 tsp of shortening.  Drizzle over popcorn.

Let sit in refrigerator for a few minutes until cooled and set.

Break into chunks, and enjoy!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails