Thursday, September 24, 2009

Pita Pizza

My biggest problem with homemade pizza is the dough. I don't really have time or want to make my own dough, and the kind you buy in the refrigerated section, I don't really like, it's always soggy. My friend Kira told me to make pizza using pita bread. I know this has been done forever, and there really isn't a recipe for this, but I just discovered it and thought it was wonderful!! It tasted really yummy and the kids had so much fun making their own pizzas!
Easy and fast!!!
Ingredients:
Pita bread (the pocket-less kind)
pizza sauce or tomato paste (I like Ragu' traditional)
peperoni (you can also buy the mini peperoni which is fun)
green peppers
sliced black olives
shredded mozzarella cheese
onions
chopped pineapple
etc. etc. etc. (whatever you like on a pizza)

Directions:
Heat oven to *350. Spray the bottom of the pita bread, add pizza sauce and decorate with any ingredients that you like. (Make fun faces for a Halloween dinner) Place directly on oven rack (for crispier crust) or place on cookie sheet (for a softer crust) for about 10 min or until melted! DONE!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails