Saturday, October 3, 2009

Chicken Tortilla Soup



I know all my sisters have this recipe, but others don't. I got this from a good friend several years ago. It is still a favorite at our house!

Ingredients:
3-5 chicken breasts
1 pkg. fajita mix
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can nacho cheese soup
1 6 oz can evaporated milk
1 10 oz can of rotelle
1 5 oz can green chilies
1/2 lb. Mexican Velveeta cheese
1 tsp garlic powder (I don't usually add)
1 tsp dried cilantro (I don't usually add)
tortilla chips

Directions:
Sprinkle fajita mix on chicken, boil in 6 cups of water until chicken is done. Save 4 cups of water. Add all other ingredients to liquid. Shred chicken and add to soup. Cook on med until heated through, and cheese is melted, stirring frequently.

Serve with tortilla chips.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails