Friday, January 8, 2010

Crockpot Southwestern Chicken

We have a winner!! Super easy, really fast(aside from crock pot time), very cheep and extremely yummy! And hardly any ingredients!!

I got this recipe from The Sisters Cafe (where I'm sure more will be tested and tasted) This is hearty enough for a full meal and yet you could serve it as a dip. Another meal that my ENTIRE family loved.

Ingredients:
1 small bag frozen corn
1 can black beans (rinsed and drained)
2 large frozen boneless skinless chicken breasts (I used 3 because I wanted it meatier)
1 16-oz jar medium salsa
If desired, serve with any or all of the following:
shredded cheese
tortilla chips
sour cream
diced avocados
green onions

Directions:
Pour bag of frozen corn in bottom of crock pot. Place frozen chicken breasts on top of corn and cover with rinsed and drained black beans and jar of medium salsa. Cook on high for 1 hour, and then on low for 4 hours. Shred chicken with forks. Serve with tortilla chips and add toppings to individual servings.

I put this under the fast category because it literally took me 2 min to throw together.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails