Tuesday, March 2, 2010

PIZZA PASTA CASSEROLE


This is really quite good - I thought the pepperoni would be gross, but it's delicious! The best thing is, it makes 2 pans and you can freeze one for another night. :)

Ingredients:
2 lbs of ground beef
1 lg onion, chopped
2 jars(28 oz each) spaghetti sauce
1 pkg(16 oz) spiral pasta, cooked & drained
4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
8 oz sliced pepperoni

Cook pasta & drain. Meanwhile, in a large skillet,
cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce and pasta.

Transfer to 2 greased 9x13 baking dishes. Sprinkle with cheese. Arrange pepperoni over top.
Cover and freeze one casserole for up to 3 months.

Bake the second casserole, uncovered at 350* for 25-30 min or until heated through.

For frozen casserole: Thaw in refrigerator overnight. Bake at 350* 35-40 min.

Note:
Next time I will put more pepperoni throughout the casserole instead of just on top, because I wanted more in it. Also, I added more cheese on top after the pepperoni. (like pizza)

1 comment:

Kara said...

I just tried this and it is so yummy! I think next time I will try sausage instead of hamburger, to give it a little more kick and more of a pizza flavor.

But a very good easy recipe!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails