Saturday, August 21, 2010

MEXICAN RICE SALAD




This is a great recipe for a potluck side dish - it makes a TON!! It is super yummy though & since I had leftover chicken, all I had to do was make some rice & then mix it all up!

Salad Ingredients:
5 c cooked rice
2 tsp salt
2 cans black beans
1 can corn
1 bunch green onions, chopped
2 c shredded chicken
1/2 c chopped tomatoes (I didn't add these)

Dressing:
1/4 c lime juice
2 TBS vinegar
2 TBS packed brown sugar
2/3 c oil
4 pickled jalapenos (I had sliced ones in a jar & just threw a bunch in)
2 tsp chili powder
1 tsp cumin

Add all salad ingredients in large bowl. Make sure the rice & chicken are cooled a little.
Put all dressing ingredients in blender & then pour over salad.
Mix well.
Chill for at least 1 hour before serving.

This was a little hotter the next day. I like it better warmed up just in a bowl. Scott & the boys ate it in tortillas w/cheese & lettuce. Yum yum!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails