Saturday, January 22, 2011

Burrito Casserole

Normally people cook more over the holidays, but I get lazy! So now I've got to step it up and start cooking again.

I found this recipe from blog chef, one of my favorite recipe blogs! It is so yummy!!

Ingredients:

1 lb ground beef
1/2 medium onion finely chopped
1 package taco seasoning
6 flour tortillas
1 (16 oz) can re-fried beans
2-3 cups shredded cheese
1 can cream of mushroom soup
4 oz sour cream
hot sauce (I used salsa)

Directions:

In a large skillet, brown ground beef and onion. Drain. Add taco seasoning and stir in re-fried beans. In a separate bowl mix cream of mushroom soup and sour cream.

Spread 1/2 of the sour cream mixture into the bottom of a casserole dish. Tear up 3 tortillas and spread them over the sour cream mixture. Put 1/2 of the meat and bean mixture on top of that. Add a layer of shredded cheese (add hot sauce or salsa if using). Repeat the layers.

Sprinkle remaining cheese over the top and bake uncovered at *350 for 20-30 min.

*I used a square baking dish. A 9x13 is to big but my 8x8 was borderline to small. So something in between would be perfect.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails