Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Key Lime Tarts


I got this from the blog "Our Best Bites". That is a great blog and I want to give credit where credit is due!! I must admit I may use word for word from there so I don't want the credit for the amazing result!! :) I did use whipped cream from a can and it was good but homemade I'm sure is better!


Ingredients:

10 mini graham cracker crusts* (available near the regular graham cracker crusts in the baking aisle)

5 egg yolks

1 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk

1/2 cup lime juice. Fresh key lime juice is best, then regular lime juice, then bottled key lime juice. If your going to use bottled regular lime juice, don't. I used regular limes and it was super yummy!

2-3 drops green food coloring (optional...may look more yellow than green without.)



Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl, combine egg yolks, sweetened condensed milk and lime juice. Distribute evenly between pie crusts (a cookie scoop works great for this). Place tart pans on a large baking sheet and bake 10-11 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool; chill in refrigerator until ready to serve. Serve each tart with a dollop of sweetened whipped cream.


*Can be made with 1 9" graham cracker crust. Bake 15 minutes.


Sweetened Whipped Cream

1 cup whipping cream

1/3 cup powered sugar


Combine whipping cream and powdered sugar. Beat with a electric mixer on high speed until soft peaks form.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails