Saturday, May 12, 2012

Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes

My son and a big group of his friends came to our house for dessert after the prom.  I decided to make a bunch of different things and have them displayed really cute.  (I never get to do stuff like this, by the way.)  It was really fun!  I have been wanting to make these chocolate peanut butter cupcakes, so it was a great time to try them.

Can I tell you how proud of myself I am for how good these cupcakes turned out??  Well okay, I just followed the recipe (the frosting is TO DIE FOR!) but it is the first time I ever tried doing the fancy piped frosting thing.  I usually just swipe it on, and then it looks like it should be for a toddler birthday party.  haha :)  I loved this - it just looks sooo pretty!  And fancy!


Ingredients:
Chocolate cake mix (or favorite recipe)

1 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup unsalted butter
4 cups powdered sugar
1/2 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla

Directions:
Make cupcakes according to directions on box.  While they are baking, cream together peanut butter and butter in a large mixing bowl.  Add half the powdered sugar and half the milk, mix well.  Add remaining powdered sugar, milk and vanilla.  Mix until smooth and creamy.

Pipe frosting on cooled cupcakes.  Add grated chocolate and peanut butter cups for garnish.

Enjoy!

Here is the dessert table we had set up:
We had the Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes, Chocolate-Strawberry Shish Kabobs, using pink heart marshmallows,  Caramel Heavenlies,  and a couple other bars that we got from my husband's work. (He works for a food service company).

1 comment:

the webb family said...

Yum! I hope you received lots of thanks for all of these yummy treats :) I have yet to try the fancy piping, but you have inspired me.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails