Friday, October 26, 2012

Mummy Brownies

I have been wanting to make these little mummy cookies for awhile, but I couldn't find a recipe I liked.  The one I found is soooo good - they are just like brownies - yum!
I think I will use this recipe again soon, so be warned! haha :)

Brownie Roll-Out Cookies
source

Ingredients:
3 cups flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa

Whisk together flour, salt and baking powder in small bowl and set aside.
Mix together butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla and cocoa. Gradually add flour mixture, and mix until smooth.
Wrap in plastic and chill in refrigerator for at least 1 hour.

Preheat oven to 350 F.
Roll out cookie dough on lightly floured surface.  Cut with cookie-cutters.

Place cookies on a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake for 8-11 minutes.  (Mine were kind of thick, so I went about 10 minutes.)

Transfer to wire rack and cool.

Glaze:
1 cup powdered sugar
1 TBS corn syrup
1 TBS milk

Whisk together, add more powdered sugar or milk until you get the consistancy you want. 

Drizzle over cookies - add candies for eyes - that's it!

Note: I added a couple drops of peppermint extract into half of my glaze - it was really good!

 
Enjoy!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails