Monday, March 18, 2013

Colorado Beef Burritos

These burritos were so good - I totally forgot to take any pictures of them until there was only one left!  So, the pictures aren't the best - but I will definitely be making these again. 

These were the really good shredded beef kind of burritos, like you get in Mexican restaurants. Yum!  And they were super easy.  The recipe is a freezer Crockpot meal, so I actually had it sitting in my freezer ready to go.  Then I just dumped it all in my Crockpot on Sunday to cook.  You still have to shred the meat and make the burritos, but it's still pretty easy.

I got the recipe from baked in the south.  There are a whole bunch of yummy freezer-to-Crockpot meals on there that I'm planning to make.

Ingredients:
2 lb. stew beef
1 c. chopped onion
1 c. beef stock
2 (12 oz) cans red enchilada sauce
6-8 flour tortillas
2 c. shredded cheddar cheese

Directions:
Label gallon freezer bag and add stew beef, onions, beef stock and 1 can enchilada sauce.  Freeze.
(If you don't want to freeze it, just add the ingredients straight to the Crockpot instead.)

Cook on low for 6-8 hrs until beef is tender.  Remove beef and shred.

Divide beef evenly between tortillas and roll into burrito.  Lay burritos seam-side down on greased baking dish.  Pour remaining can of enchilada sauce over burritos and top with cheese.

Bake at 375 F for 15-20 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.

Serve with salsa, lettuce, sour cream or other toppings if you want.  I liked mine plain. :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails