Monday, December 16, 2013

Peppermint Brownie Cookies


I made these cookies last week for a party, and they were sooooo good!!  In fact, I'm making them again today! Some of the smaller candy cane pieces melted, but I still like having lots on there!  Still yummy though.  :)  For my next batch, I actually found some red and green candy canes to add extra color.

These are basically brownies with a mint flavor, gooey chocolate chips inside, and crunchy candy cane on top.  Go make them RIGHT NOW!  You won't regret it. :)

Ingredients:
1 pkg (19.5 oz) brownie mix (I used Pillsbury)
1 1/4 cups flour
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1/2 cup butter, melted and cooled
3 TBS cold water
1 tsp mint extract (I worried about this, because mint has a slightly different flavor than peppermint extract, but it was really good.  I'm sure peppermint would taste good, too.)
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
3 cany canes, chopped

Directions:
Whisk together brownie mix, flour and brown sugar in large bowl.  With a wooden spoon, stir in eggs one at a time. 

Add butter, 3 TBS cold water and mint extract.  Stir until well combined.  Batter should be thick, but not dry.  Add one or two more TBS of water if needed. (I didn't need to.)

Fold in chocolate chips.  Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.

Preheat oven to 350 F.

Scoop tablespoon-sized dough and roll to form a ball.  Place on parchment-lined baking sheet a few inches apart.  Press down slightly, but don't flatten.

Bake for 5 minutes - remove from oven & sprinkle chopped candy canes on top.  Bake an additional 5 minutes more, or until cookies are set.

Allow to cool on the pan for a couple of minutes, then transfer to cooling rack.

Enjoy!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails