Friday, August 14, 2009

Canned Salsa

Someone was talking about a salsa they could can the other day (maybe Beth?). I got this recipe from my sister in law Sharon. I haven't made it yet, so if anyone makes it before me--let me know how it is. I thought I'd post it anyway because she is a really good cook and a super gardener/canner so it might be good and it sounds pretty easy.

22 large tomatoes (peeled)
5 large onions
6 cloves garlic
2 green peppers
10 jalepeno peppers
6 anaheim chilis
1 12oz. can tomato paste
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup salt
1 cup vinegar
1 large bunch cilantro, chopped

Chop all vegetables (and tomatoes) as coarsely as you desire. (A food processor works great.) Place all ingredients in a very large pot and bring to a boil. Simmer for 45 min. Place in pint jars and process in a hot water bath for 35 min. Makes 24 cups.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails