Thursday, April 25, 2013

Reese's Cake

My son had a birthday recently and when I asked him what kind of cake he wanted, he told me "some kind of chocolate and peanut butter cake."  Well okaaay.
 
I knew I already had a great peanut butter frosting recipe that we've used for a few things now, so all I needed to do was come up with the cake.  This is pretty much a normal chocolate cake recipe with chopped up Reese's Minis inside - LOVE!
 
The decorating was a little random and left a lot to be desired, I know.  I should have just chopped the peanut butter cups up and piled them on top with the Reese's Pieces.  Oh - well, it sort of looks like a birthday crown. haha ;)
 
Ingredients:
1 box devil's food cake mix
1 small box instant chocolate pudding mix
1 cup sour cream
1 cup oil
4 beaten eggs
1/2 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups chopped Reese's Minis (I used one whole bag.)
extra Reese's Peanut Butter Cups and Reese's Pieces for decoration, optional
 
Directions:
Combine all ingredients, except peanut butter cups in large mixing bowl.  Stir well - batter will be thick.
 
Fold in chopped Reese's Minis.  Pour into 2 greased 9-inch round cake pans.
 
Bake at 350F for the amount of time called for on the box, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
 
Cool completely on wire racks.
 
 
\
This was the only picture I could get of the inside - you can't even see the Reese's Minis, but they were delicious!!

Decorate with Reese's Pieces and peanut butter cups.  Enjoy!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails