Thursday, February 19, 2015

The BEST Chili EVER!

I seriously cannot say enough about this chili! It is soooo good! Anyone who knows me will tell you that I really am not a big fan of chili. Especially because I am freaky about the meat in it. It's always chewy, or the consistency is wrong - runny with chunks of meat - ugh!! I can handle it when it's on a potato, but to just eat it plain in a bowl - no way!

But this recipe looked really good, and it's homemade so I control what's in it. ;) It was so good and hearty, with the PERFECT consistency, and I added a little spiciness to it also. Yummm! 


I ate it over a potato, and then had a bowl of it as well. Talk about over-eating! haha
It made a TON - so we saved it and I just threw it all in the slow cooker 2 days later. STILL DELICIOUS! 

So hurry and go make this before winter is over! You won't regret it. :)

Ingredients:
2 lbs. lean ground beef, browned and drained
3 green peppers, diced
1 yellow onion, diced
2 stalks of celery, diced
1 TBS minced garlic
1 (15 oz) can dark red kidney beans, drained
1 (15 oz) can Ranch Style beans
1 (15oz) can Italian stewed tomatoes
2 (15 oz) cans tomato sauce
1 (10 oz) can Rotel, or diced tomatoes with green chilis 
1 pkg McCormick chili seasoning
Secret Ingredient: crushed red pepper flakes, to taste (It's hard to tell - I just sprinkled a bit on top, and mixed it in & it was perfect.)


Directions:
While ground beef is browning - chop peppers, onion, and celery. Add all ingredients to a large pot or slow cooker. Simmer for a few hours. If you use a slow cooker, you could keep it on low most of the day if you wanted. (Mine cooked a little too hot on the stove, and burned a little on the bottom. Ugh!)

Note: If you like your chili really spicy, add a medium Rotel, hotter chili seasoning packet and/or more crushed red pepper flakes. Mine was pretty spicy though. ;)

This also makes amazing leftovers, and I think I will be freezing the rest. 

Enjoy!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails